Learn how to receive assistance for
foster care child care expenses
Select a child care provider.
You may choose any of the following types of child care providers:
- Licensed child care center
- Licensed family child care home
- Licensed group child care home
- Out-of-home relative provider
- In-home relative provider
- Before/after-school provider
Looking for a provider?
Already have a provider?
- If they are already enrolled with DCF, list the provider on your FCCC application.
- If they are not enrolled with DCF, still complete an application listing your provider. The provider enrollment staff at DCF will reach out to the provider. They can also find their local provider enrollment specialist by calling 1-888-369-4777.
Complete the application.
Submit the application.
- If you are a licensed foster care parent, submit your application to your sponsoring agency.
- If you are a kinship foster care parent, submit your application to your case worker.
Your sponsoring agency or case worker will email applications directly to the DCF Foster Child Care office and should copy you on the email.
You can also email the office directly at DCF.FosterCareCC@ks.gov. Be sure to copy your case worker on the email.
It’s normal to have questions when applying for services.
See the Foster Care Child Care FAQs for some of our frequently asked questions.
If your cost of care exceeds the benefit you receive for foster care child care, if you do not qualify for EBT benefits, or have any general questions, please reach out to the FCCC team at (785) 368-8594 or email DCF.FosterCareCC@ks.gov or your case worker.
BROWSE ALL OF THE
for families, providers, and those new to child care
LAWS & REGULATIONS
for the details on all things related to caring for Kansas children
VIEW THE LATEST
about early learning research, product recalls, new regulations, and more